Wednesday, September 4, 2013



I have really wanted to paint a portrait for a while now. Well I have finally done it. Next time, remind me not to use gouache though. I thought it would make for easier clean up- and it did. But man! It is ridiculous to make good color and value transitions! I already knew this, but I went ahead and did it anyway. If you have ever used gouache you know what I am talking about. The value changes as it dries. The darkest colors get lighter, the lightest colors get darker, and everything in between shifts too! well some how I got through it and came out with a decent looking piece. Not a perfect representation of my oldest son, but it's  pretty close. I particularly like how well the ear turned out. Below is the drawing under all that paint.


2 comments:

  1. I love you.
    I love you.
    I love you.
    Bravo!
    Encore!!
    You rrrock, girl!!
    And when we get Upstairs,
    you'll see the colours
    unheard of as you shall
    paint masterpeaces, dear.
    And your eyes shall be opened
    to see extravaganza forever.
    I love you.
    Yes, earthling, Im an NDE.
    This finite existence is only a
    test drive to the White House.

    trustNjesus, lil one.
    ALWAYS.
    God bless your indelible soul.
    Cya soon...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dunno where THAT came from, dear.
    NeverDless, toots...
    I wanna kiss thy feets -
    yet, how can I if you
    aint Upstairs ..??
    I. Love. You.
    Be with me for
    the lengthNbreadth
    of eternity...

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...