Monday, January 5, 2015

SmArt school #4

So Rebecca gave us a prompt for this one. Robin Hood as a girl either traditional time period, modern, or futuristic. Below are my thumbnails. We chose the bottom row center, however it was pointed out to me that her costume could be mistaken for Katniss Everdeen, so The next step was to explore costuming!

I tried a broad assortment of options. We went with #3, the military jacket and pants.


I then collected and hacked up photos to get my reference. Pretty awesome, right?

Here is the finished drawing


 and the underpainting.


Color studies.


I chose #2 and then decided to try out adding a decorative element. I drew some thistles in my sketchbook and then manipulated them in photoshop until it overlapped the girl the way I wanted.


I have to admit it was a bit tedious but I really like the end result. Behold my finished painting below!




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...